सोमवार, 4 जनवरी 2010

My Name is Khan Music Review



Music Review of the album My Name is Khan (2010):-

1. Sajda
A qawwali with beautiful chorus singing. Rahat, Shankar and Richa Sharma is the right choice for this type of song but Richa's beginning verses are better than the whole song. Cannot be a super hit, an average song.

2. Noor E Khuda
'Searching for someone' is the appropriate English title for this song. Mild music could be a disappointment for many. Begins well but never picks up the momentum.

3. Tere Naina
Decent song but again the same problem - cannot connect with listeners, music is average and main verses, mediocre.

4. Allah Hi Rahem
At this time, I felt I was listening to a religious album because all I hear was Allah, Khuda, .. you get the point.

5. Rang De
This is only song which depicts happiness, all other songs have a gloomy and sad aura about them. There is nothing you will quite like about this song.

Overall Music Review of My Name is Khan

My Name is Khan is a religious album. Much of lyrics includes Urdu wordings, qawwali style singing and old traditional sitar-tabla music. Reference to God/Allah is made in almost every song. There is discrete rhyming and no song leaves you satisfied, you will feel something is missing. Music is the biggest disappointment for this album. The 3 bonus songs from previous films are the only reason I can give you to go ahead and buy this album.

Favorite Soundtrack: Sajda

Worst Soundtrack: None (but all of em)

Verdict: Religious album with sad music

Ratings: 1.5/5

See all the Song Details and Lyrics of My Name is Khan Music Album

For more music reviews check out Hindi Music Reviews
Share: