गुरुवार, 17 नवंबर 2011

Kaaga re kaga re tose itni araj mori.. Meanings n ..



kaaga re kaaga re mori itni araj tujhse chun chun khaiyo maans
khaiyo na tu naina more, khaiyo na tu naina mohe piya ke milan ki aas..

O crow, I have so much of request to you, eat (my body's) flesh,
but do not eat my eyes, don't eat my eyes as I have a wish to see my lover..

That much was the meaning of the lines written above, but seems there have been some doubts regarding what a Kaaga is. Here, some people think that Kaaga is a bird, and using the context of Parindey along with it.

As far as I can see it, Kaaga is not the BIRD that you see in parindey.

For one, Kaaga clearly is a crow. In fact the Hindi word Kauva has come from the Sanskrit word 'Kaak' which becomes kaaga in Awadhi, Braj, and many other dialects. So it's a crow and no other bird. Also, to make it more clear, by mythology, as well as science, a crow is one of the most common creatures who eat dead bodies, and that is what the singer is talking here about.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, the naadaan parinda here, that is the immature bird, is just a way to call his own self, someone who has lost his home and started alone on the unknown paths of the world. The Naadan Parinda is NOT the crow that the singer wants to eat his flesh. And the crow being talked to is not the bird who is roaming in the world, his haal behaal thaka haara.

Matter of fact, this part of the song is almost completely different from the rest of the world, but at the same time is important here as it tells where the singer thinks his home is.

PS: If all of this was understood to you, my apologies. Because it was understood and implied to me too, but after the discussion going in comments under the post on the song, I had to write this.
Share: