मंगलवार, 29 मार्च 2011

God




.


.
In the ancient days, when the first quiver of speech came to my lips, I ascended the holy mountain and spoke unto God, saying, "Master, I am thy slave,  Thy hidden will is my law and I shall obey thee for ever more."  
.
But God made no answer, and like a mighty tempest passed away.
.
And after a thousand years I ascended the holy mountain and again spoke unto God,
saying, "Creator, I am thy creation.  Out of clay hast thou fashioned me and to thee I owe mine all."
.
And God made no answer, but like a thousand swift wings passed away.
.
And after a thousand years I climbed the holy mountain and spoke unto God again, saying, "Father, I am thy son.  In pity and love thou hast given me birth, and through love and worship I shall inherit thy kingdom."
.
And God made no answer, and like the mist that veils the distant hills he passed away.
.
And after a thousand years I climbed the sacred mountain and again spoke to God, saying, " my God, my aim and my fulfillment; I am thy yesterday and thou art my tomorrow,  I am thy root in the earth and thou art my flower in the sky, and together we grow before the face of the sun."
.
Then God leaned over me, and in my ears whispered words of sweetness, and even as the sea that enfoldeth a brook that runneth down to her, he enfolded me.
.
And when I descended to the valleys and the plains God was there also.

.
~ Kahlil Gibran
from Poems, Parables and Drawings

.

Share: